Something that has interested me quite a while is the lore of Pangya.
People might now go like “What, this online golf game has a lore?” and, while the online game portion only ever so displays the smallest part of it, the different game releases across the PSP and Wii include more bits of background story and relationships.
Use this topic to discuss the lore and your ideas/findings!
Some key points we could focus on:
- The overarching lore of Pangya and Pangya Island
- Locations of Pangya Island
- Backgrounds of characters
- Relationships between characters
- Relationships of characters to courses
If you don’t have the games at hand, here’s all the dialogue from the Pangya games:
- Pangya: Fantasy Golf (PSP) Dialogue (CSV/tabular format)
- Pangya - Super Swing Golf (Wii) Dialogue (TXT files)
- Pangya - Super Swing Golf: Season 2 (Wii) Dialogue (TXT files)
Note: The Wii games dialogue doesn’t really have references to who is speaking, so it might be a bit tough to read through it, sometimes you can read some pointers in the dialogue, otherwise it’s probably just shown in the game.