Global Patch Notes

While looking around the old Pangya Global site (pangya.ntreev.net) on the Wayback Machine, I noticed a fancy RSS feed link in the Patch Notes section.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150212003939/http://pangya.gamerage.com:80/xml/patchnotes.xml

Looking at the captures, I found out that between the Ntreev and GameRage site, 7 years of history of the Patch Notes page is preserved in the RSS feed, so I decided to rip it all out of the Wayback Machine.

There’s now a Patch Notes category in the wiki, including a Global Patch Notes subcategory (for the Global/US region)

I already started putting some patch notes, but I’d appreciate help with adding them all!

Here’s a link to my dump of all RSS feed captures with significant changes between them:
https://files.catbox.moe/49ksuk.zip

Here’s a quick explainer on what to do:

Open the file in a code editor (regular notepad probably will just show you everything without line breaks and that will be really confusing)

Pick out a changelog entry from the RSS feed file, these are usually encased in <item> tags

Here’s an example changelog:

<item>
    <title>GB.R4.540.02 Patch Notes </title>
    <link>/Content/200111010001-1.00593.aspx</link>
    <pubDate>8/23/2010</pubDate>
    <description>
<![CDATA[<p><strong>[General]</strong></p>
<p>
<li>The Dog Days of Summer Event has been extended to 8/30.
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<div><strong>[Pangya Shop]</strong></div>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<li>Doggy Nose and Fido Ears are now available in the shop for a limited time (8/11-8/30)
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<div></div>
<li>Pangya Shop is offering incredible deals on essenticial items like Time Boosters and Auto Calipers in large quantity.<br />
<strong><br />
[Gacha]</strong>
<div></div>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<li>Gacha has been updated with the 16th set of rare items featuring the Punky Waiter/Waitress sets for Nuri, Cecilia, Kooh, Arin and Kaz.
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</li>
]]>
    </description>
</item>

Use the search at the top of the wiki to search for the patch identifier (in this case GB.R4.540.02)

If no wiki page for the patch exists yet, there will be a Create the page "GB.R4.540.02" on this wiki! link that you can click.

Then copy the following base template I’m using for patch notes into the editor

{{Infobox patch notes
|patch=
|region=[[North America|US]]
|publishDate=
}}

[[Category:Global Patch Notes]]

Now to fill out the infobox (shown at the top right of a patch note), there’s two empty values here patch and publishDate. Simple copy the patch identifier into the first, and the value from the <pubDate> tag into the second.

{{Infobox patch notes
|patch=GB.R4.540.02
|publishDate=8/23/2010
}}

Next, simply copy the content from the <description> tag and put it after the infobox, also get rid of the <![CDATA[ ... ]]> around the content.

So the editor content should look like this:

{{Infobox patch notes
|patch=GB.R4.540.02
|publishDate=8/23/2010
}}

<p><strong>[General]</strong></p>
<p>
<li>The Dog Days of Summer Event has been extended to 8/30.
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<div><strong>[Pangya Shop]</strong></div>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<li>Doggy Nose and Fido Ears are now available in the shop for a limited time (8/11-8/30)
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<div></div>
<li>Pangya Shop is offering incredible deals on essenticial items like Time Boosters and Auto Calipers in large quantity.<br />
<strong><br />
[Gacha]</strong>
<div></div>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<li>Gacha has been updated with the 16th set of rare items featuring the Punky Waiter/Waitress sets for Nuri, Cecilia, Kooh, Arin and Kaz.
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</li>

If you want to, you can then clean up the broken HTML a bit, if you know your way around that, otherwise just look at the “Preview” to check if everything looks okay and then just save the page!

Thanks to a script provided by DaveDevils, I was able to import a bunch of pages instead of creating them by hand, speeding up the process massively.

All of the patch notes that have been archived are now in the wiki, from 2009 to 2016.

The manual ones, and a huge chunk of the imported ones are fine, some others have some broken HTML in them that needs to be adjusted, but that’s not that much work anymore.