A tip to speedup the client update procedure on Linux for Pangya Reborn

Pangya Reborn can be played on Linux via Wine, but the updater doesn’t work, so it is required to manually update the files everytime the client is updated. Thanksfully, as reported by Narwyn on discord, only the ProjectG986.pak file is updated, and the latest version of this file can be always downloaded from here:

https://www.pangyareborn.com/patch/client/ProjectG986.pak

This way there’s no need to use a Windows system to update the game, which is a much faster way to play the game on Linux.

Varthall

Hi! Is there any way to run xpangya in Linux?

Might be possible to run it using Wine, it have not tried it yet.

Varthall

1 Like

Hi, are you able to provide any guidance on getting pangya reborn working on Linux? I’m trying to get it working on my steam deck, I can install it fine but when I try and run it, it fails to start. I’m running out all through lutris. Looking at the logs, I can’t see anything useful

You might try to install any missing dependency mentioned when Wine is run, even if at first it doesn’t seem to be related to Pangya. This has helped me in managing to run at least the launcher. I haven’t managed to run the game though, I’m now switching to another distro (I’m on Void Linux now) hoping to find Wine or Lutris package available with all the dependencies already linked.

Varthall